L-O-V-E

~~~Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful~~~

Friday, October 16, 2009

P.S. I Love You

P.S. I Love You



By looking at the title,you may not know what is really talking about in that novel. I am addicted into reading this novel recently.Actually I had bought it a couple of months ago but I hid it in my closet. I did not do it purposely but I just din't have any moods to read it since it is a love story.Besides,I was attracted to Twilight saga which I thought it probably the best love story I'd ever read before. Until recently,I looked through the piles of books inside my closet. I realised that I'd missed this book! It's quite interesting and the most important is it's really touching.I could actually imagine what is happening with Holly,how she feels after losing Gerry, and went along with the storyline.


Right.


It's a romantic story about life of Holly before and after Gerry's death.Gerry and Holly is the perfect soulmate for each other and they need each other in their lives. They are childhood sweethearts and best friends.Holly married to this funny,impertuous and passionate love of her life,Gerry when they're adult. Nobody knows Holly better than Gerry, so it's a good thing he planned ahead. Before he died, Gerry wrote Holly a series of 10 letters that will guide her, not only through her grief but in rediscovering herself. The messages are Gerry's way of informing Holly life goes on. The messages include various tasks and treats Gerry has left for Holly. The most amazing thing about it is no one ever notice he was writing them before he died.This is his way of letting her know he will always be there for her. A guardian angel for her. Each letter sends her on a new adventure and each signs off in the same way: "P.S. I Love You." Holly's mother and best friends, Sharon and Denise, begin to worry that Gerry's letters are keeping Holly tied to the past, but, in fact, each letter is pushing her further into a new future. With Gerry's words as her guide, Holly embarks on a journey of rediscovery in a story about marriage, friendship and how a love so strong can turn the finality of death into new beginning for life.This story makes tears well up my eyes for countless times.I really feel grateful that i din't throw it away and instead i came back for it.If not,I would have missed such an amazing and heart-melting story.Billions thanks to Ms Cecelia. Thks for writing such great story!

P.S:I'd learnt a lot from this story. It's about the people around you when you lost someone you love the most,as it not just about you. When you lost that particular ones,you sure will be heart-broken and unmotivated.You feel like the whole world is gone and nothing worth for you to keep on living. At this critical moment of life,think about your family,his/her family and your/his/her besties. Not just you lost him/her,everyone around you lost him/her. So be optimistic,take a long shower,go for a haircut,grab your besties to go shopping endlessly with you,go for classes....do anything that make you feel happy. Remember they will always by your side,looking out for you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment